This week will be a good one. I have a lot of good intentions and a lot of good motives. I intend to get a lot done for work and personal matters, and my motivation is myself, my faith and my family. I have a lot to give thanks, and this morning I realized that as I sipped my green smoothie for breakfast. However, I tend to focus on the negative more than the positive, and the negativity tends to overshadow the good things I want to do and have.
A few weeks back, a dear FB friend, who is also a very strong Christian woman, suggested I do "Soul Detox" on the Bible App, which is a bible devotional about how to think positive thoughts. I did OK on the first 14 days, then fell off from it (Sorry, Bonnie!). Well, this morning, I decided I would finish up the devotional.
Sometimes what is considered negative or pessimistic is actually being realistic. And there's nothing wrong with that. However, there needs to be a balance and I, for one, tend to focus on the negative on a daily basis to the point that it's not really realistic. Being negative tends to cause people to be so self-absorbed, and quite frankly, it gets tiring. Yes, I realize that I am self-absorbed and I get tired from being so self-absorbed.
I want to change that.
I also realize that negativity also makes it harder to be thankful. It makes it harder to appreciate what you have and take advantage of the resources you have. Being negative can cause you to get stuck in a rut. It's hard to get anywhere with a negative attitude, especially when you think you have it so bad and nothing you do will change your circumstances. Gratitude changes your attitude.
And I want to change mine.
That is not to say that there are no good reasons as to my negativity. A lot of it comes from unresolved conflicts between myself and others. And even with myself. The good thing is... unresolved conflicts have solutions. I saw a meme earlier that said, " There are three solutions to a problem. Accept it. Change it. Leave it. If you can't accept it, change it. If you can't change it, leave it." Maybe too simplistic, but it's still a start!
Have a good Monday, everyone!
La Morenita Nomada
Comments
Post a Comment